- Download the free Lightroom CC mobile app or update your existing app to ensure you have the correct version.
- Open the email you have received from me which contains the zip file where the presets are stored. Download and unzip the file using your mobile phone (some – mainly iPhone – users may need to download an unzipping app but there are plenty of free ones in the App Store etc if this is the case. I use the app called iZip which zips open the file and allows me to open the contents directly into the Lightroom app.) If you have issues opening the download in Safari or other web browsers, try the download again using Google Chrome. If not, download the file on a computer and unzip it there then transfer the DNG images inside the zip file to your phone using Air Drop, Bluetooth or via email.
- Save the DNG images in the zip file to your camera roll on your phone. You may not be able to view the images in your camera roll but that’s normal so don’t worry if your camera roll has a series of blank photos in it.
- Open the Lightroom CC app and create a new photo album by clicking the “+” button on the right of the screen – I call my folder “Presets”.
- Select the DNG images and add them to the Presets folder.
- Select one of the images you have added into the folder and press the “…” button in the top right corner of the screen then click “Create Preset”. Rename the photo to the same name I’ve given the photo in the zip file.
- You can also create a “WhatsUpBeaches” presets folder for the presets to be saved into by clicking on the “User Presets” button (just below where you rename the preset under the “Presets Group” heading) and choose “Create New Presets Group”.
- Repeat step 6 and 7 for all photos. If you chose to make a new group in step 8 remember to select this group to save each preset into.
- Select a photo that you want to edit from your Lightroom gallery. Scroll along to the Presets button and select the folder that you saved my presets into. You can then scroll through the presets and choose the one you like the best for your photos.